Over the past 15 years, CR has deployed and recovered more than 100 moorings for scientific and navigational purposes. For the past 10 years, CR has assisted the New England Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE) in maintaining the Long Island Sound and Massachusetts Bay Disposal Area Monitoring System (DAMOS) program buoys. We have also maintained the Cape Cod Disposal Site (CCDS) buoy since 1996.
CR discovered a low-cost, high-reliability GPS tracking system for monitoring buoy positions, and installed trackers on 5 of the DAMOS buoys as well as the Cape Cod Bay Disposal Site. The system was extremely successful and provided twice-daily locations with updates sent via email and text message.
We work closely with Mooring Systems, Inc. (located just two miles away in North Falmouth) in designing moorings for our clients. Mooring Systems' trawl resistant bottom mount (TRBM) is an industry standard for protecting moored scientific instruments from damage and unintended removal. Please contact us with any scientific mooring related questions, we'll be happy to provide you with any relevant information.
Examples of our mooring deployment, retrieval, and design capabilities can be found below.
Offshore Marker Buoys
- US Army Corps of Engineers DAMOS Disposal Site Marker Buoys. NY, CT, RI, and MA
- Cape Cod Disposal Site Buoy. Cape Cod Bay. MA
- Recovery of free-floating WHOI and NOAA Buoys. MA and ME
ADCP Platform Installation and Design
- Boston Harbor Current Modeling Study. MA
- Hudson River Scour and Sedimentation Study. NY
- Superfund Site Discharge ADCP Installs. Hudson River, NY
Estuarine/Riverine Mooring Design and Installation
- West Falmouth Harbor Water Quality Monitoring Buoys. West Falmouth, MA
- Hudson River CTD Mooring Installation. Fishkill, NY
- Ultrasonic ADV Installations. Syracuse, NY and Noroton, CT